Why Professional Advisors Work with LICF
- Effective grantmaking. Our staff are expert in a variety of issues and understand the challenges and opportunities in the region. They know the nonprofits that are most effective in their fields, and monitor emerging trends. Donors who set up endowed funds can be secure that their charitable legacy will be honored in their names forever, and because of our variance power, they will always respond to the needs of tomorrow. That expertise is also available to all donors who set up donor-advised funds.
- Flexibility. We offer flexibility with respect to the types of assets we accept, the kinds of funds your clients can choose from, as well as a variety of investment vehicles. We will work with you to find the right solution for your client.
- Community. By establishing a fund at LICF, your client joins a respected organization with a long history of helping Long Islanders make sure that their charitable gifts make a difference.
- Tax advantages. Your client will receive the maximum tax deduction allowed by law for charitable contributions, greater than if he or she were to establish a private foundation. In addition, your client will receive an immediate tax deduction for contributions to a fund, although grants from the fund may be made over time.
- Efficiency. As an operating division of The New York Community Trust, we offer the economies of scale of a large institution. We take care of the asset transfers, make grants, handle all the record keeping and reporting, and provide your client with quarterly statements and acknowledgments of gifts and grants.
For more information about how we can work with you to help your clients, please contact David Okorn at (631) 991-8800, ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.