Our goal is to make it easy for you to give-and it's a goal we work hard to meet. You can expect us to:
- process your grant suggestions carefully and efficiently;
- ensure that the nonprofits you are supporting meet high standards of performance;
- fill you in on charitable needs and activities on Long Island;
- work with you to tailor a grant program and manage the impact of your philanthropy, not just the money;
- and help you endow a fund using a charitable bequest to create a permanent legacy that never stops giving.
We also offer MyNYCT, a portal that provides fund advisors a place to manage their funds online. You can submit grant suggestions, check your fund balances, find out the status of grant suggestions, and find out about LICF current happenings and events.
Our Grants Program
In addition to helping today's donors with their charitable giving, LICF also makes grants supported by funds established by donors who added to their funds by will, named LICF as charitable beneficiary of a deferred giving plan, or took advantage of other planned giving arrangements.
Funding the Future
A bequest could be the most important charitable gift you ever make, for several reasons:
- Your gift does good forever because it permanently endows a fund.
- It's painless, to you and yours. You can give what's left, after your heirs are cared for.
- We firmly (sometimes even ferociously) honor your charitable intentions.
- Your field-of-interest or unrestricted gift will always address urgent, contemporary needs.
The future holds unimagined problems. Could a donor in the 1950s foresee the degradation of our environment or the high rate of STD infections in young women?
Through your will, you can set up an endowed fund or add to an existing fund. If you have a donor-advised fund with us, any assets remaining after your lifetime will be used to meet contemporary needs of Long Island.