Does your company want to ...
- enhance its reputation and brand in order to increase revenues
- obtain a competitive advantage in attracting and retaining employees
- maintain public trust through a good corporate reputation
- meaningfully differentiate itself — with competitors, employees, customers, lawmakers, regulators, news media, etc.
- free itself from the administrative burden and high costs associated with operating a charitable giving program or a foundation
...then establishing a fund at the Long Island Community Foundation may be right for you!
In today's competitive marketplace, financial results have become increasingly important, while shifts in social expectations are requiring businesses to take an active role in the public sector.
Establishing a corporate fund in the Long Island Community Foundation provides a simple and effective way for your company to gain an advantage in attracting and retaining customers as well as employees.
The Long Island Community Foundation's professional staff can help you create and operate a customized charitable giving program to enhance your business. Our flexible and personalized services enable you to determine and choose your level of grantmaking involvement, allowing you to focus on your core business while demonstrating your commitment to corporate social responsibility.
You determine your focus and level of involvement...and we will take care of the rest. The benefits to your company include:
- a flexible and economical means to support nonprofit organizations / causes your company, its employees and customers care about most
- an opportunity to involve employees in corporate social responsibility, often resulting in improved morale and employee retention
- the ability to direct your philanthropy locally, nationally and/or internationally
- the ability to reduce your company's tax burden in years of unprecedented profits or from the sale of real estate or appreciated assets
- a structured means for your corporate philanthropy without the expense of starting and operating an internal community relations program or private foundation
- positive public recognition at the time a fund is established, as well as additional visibility each time a grant is made from the fund to a nonprofit organization
- the maximum tax deduction allowable under IRS regulations for all contributions made to your fund
Giving through a community foundation is often perceived as being more altruistic as it provides a level of independence
As an operating division of The New York Community Trust, one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the nation, the Long Island Community Foundation provides unparalleled service:
- Funds are invested and managed by nationally acclaimed investment managers
- We maintain sound internal fund accounting procedures with clean audits and unqualified audit opinions
- You benefit from economies of scale by being part of The New York Community Trust
- You gain access to a professional staff that performs all of the desired research and site visits to build your knowledge base on which good philanthropic decisions can be made
- You receive the support of a professional staff with expertise in the local community and access to similar resources around the country
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits a fund can offer, please feel free to contact David Okorn at (631) 991-8800, ext. 226 or email@example.com.